Wize Therapy provides physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech pathology to adolescents and young adults with disability. Our team has extensive experience in working with individuals with specific diagnoses such as Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Intellectual Disability and Acquired Brain Injury.
For adolescents and young adults we offer:
- Holistic and thorough assessment of functional abilities and skills within the home, school and community context.
- Comprehensive language and communication assessment and, if appropriate, make recommendations for AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication).
- Mobility assessment and, if appropriate, make recommendations for mobility aids and equipment to enhance participation.
- Assessment of independence skills in a range of self-care areas such as dressing, eating and drinking, including swallowing, and toileting, and if appropriate, make recommendations for aids and equipment to enhance participation.
- Assessment of buildings and homes and recommendations for modifications to enable access and optimal function within these environments.
- Assessment of the school environment and, if appropriate, make recommendations for aids and equipment to enhance participation.
- Assessment of the workplace environment and, if appropriate, make recommendations for aids and equipment to enhance participation.
- Our therapists work in a Person Centred Model of service delivery promoting collaboration and partnership, with an individual and their family at the centre of all decision making.
- A key worker/therapist works with you and your family to provide information and help you set goals and coordinate services.
- Blocks of individual therapy sessions targeting specific goals eg in communication, self-care skills, school and work skills, mobility, balance, planning and organisation, and social skills.
- Community visits to identify and utilise opportunities for generalisation of skill development within different settings, such as, home, school, work, community groups.
- Recommendations for specialised equipment or modifications to the environment.
- Group therapy sessions.
Our Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology services can be accessed at our Booragoon, Butler, Atwell, Lesmurdie and Kelmscott clinics.
For more information on accessing these services click on the link below or contact us directly and one of our friendly staff will answer your questions.